About Swedish Israel Information Center
Swedish Israel Information Center is a non-profit organization whose aim is to contribute to a more balanced picture of Israel in Sweden.
Unbalanced news reporting concerning Israel is very common in Sweden. The attitude towards Israel in the media is strongly biased in favour of the Arab/Palestinian position and lacks the comprehensive analysis necessary to understand the Arab-Israeli conflict.
We offer honest and factual information about Israel and the Middle East and maintain an open dialogue with the media, politician and public figures in Sweden.
Swedish Israel Information Center
* Participates in Swedish media through op-ed articles as well as radio and TV appearances.
* Holds seminars and conferences about Israel and the Middle East
* Participates in public debates about Israel and the Middle East
* Holds lectures at schools and organizations
* Publishes a weekly newsletter ”Snabbnytt” with relevant articles about Israel and the Middle East
* Maintains an open dialogue with Swedish media, public figures and politicans about the Swedish image of Israel and the Israel/Arab/Palestinian conflict.
* Provides anyone in need with facts, opinions, and background information about Israel.
Swedish Israel Information Center is not affiliated with any political party in Sweden or Israel.
Lisa Abramowicz, Secretary-General
Anders Engström, Communications Officer
Anders H Pers, chairman (former Chief Editor of Swedish daily Vestmanlands Läns Tidning)
Bengt-Ove Andersson, vice chairman (Secretary-General The Sweden–Israel Friendship Association )
Joel Altschul, treasurer (consultant)
Amos Griner, secretary (Private business owner)
Alf Svensson (Member of the European Parliament for Christian Democrats, former Leader of the Swedish Christian Democrats)
Torbjörn Karfunkel (Jewish Community, Gothenburg)
Fred Kahn, Chairman, Jewish Community, Malmö